Everyone always says, “Have a good day.” That’s nice but how do you make sure your day is a good one? What control do you have over your day and how it goes? Here are a few suggestions:
- As soon as you wake up each day, give thanks that you’re alive. After giving thanks, tell yourself why you’re grateful to be alive. Come up with at least one reason. It sounds simple, but starting your day with gratitude sets a positive tone for your whole day. It makes a difference.
- Eat breakfast. Breakfast kick-starts your metabolism, helping you burn calories throughout the day. It also gives you energy to get things done. When you wake up, the blood sugar your body needs to make your muscles and brain work their best is usually low. Breakfast helps replenish it. Many studies have linked eating breakfast to good health, including better memory and concentration, lower levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol, and lower chances of getting diabetes, heart disease, and being overweight.
- Do some form of exercise. When you engage in some form of physical activity, your body releases chemicals called endorphins. These endorphins reduce your stress levels and make you feel happy.
- Be conscious of the things that stress you out and find ways to avoid them or come up with better ways to deal with them. You have the power to determine how you’re going to respond to the stressors that you face during the day. It’s in your hands.
- Promise yourself that you’re going to do something nice for yourself, no matter how small or simple. It could be having a special coffee at the coffee shop, or having lunch with a friend, or reading a book, or taking a nap, or taking a stroll in the park, or playing a game, or watching a movie. The key is to treat yourself to whatever will give you a good feeling. Decide what it is that you’re going to do and then keep your promise. Looking forward to your special treat will have an amazing positive effect on your day.
- Be determined to ”Have a good day,” and refuse to let anything keep it from happening. Your mindset will make all the difference in the world.
- If you’re spiritual, pray for God’s guidance to help your day be uplifting and meaningful.