Everyone seems to have their own definition of success. Yet, based on studies of people who are considered to have succeeded in life, successful people appear to have certain qualities in common. Here are seven qualities successful people have.
- They have a winning attitude. They are able to give their best at what they do because they expect the best of themselves. Their outlook is optimistic. The feel positive and confident about what they can accomplish. Martin Luther King, Jr., once said, ”If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk If you can’t walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, keep moving forward.”
- They keep learning and growing. They’re never satisfied with where they are in life or what they’ve learned. They have a hunger to keep learning, to find ways to improve what they’re doing and who they are. They are passionate about doing better. ”Growth is the great separation between those who succeed and those who do not.” (John Maxwell)
- The have a defined game plan. They know what they want and they go after it. To succeed you have to know what you want and why. You can’t execute a plan that you don’t have. People who don’t know where they’re going end up some place else.
- They persevere. They have a focus and they don’t waiver from it. They’re resilient, unwilling to give up. Their will power is strong. They show courage in the face of crisis. When they get knocked down, they don’t stay down. They don’t throw in the towel. They get back up and keep going, stronger than ever.
- They’re willing to change. They’re willing to embrace what it takes to do things better or be a better person, even if it calls for them to make major changes in their lives or what they’re attempting to do. They’re willing to get out of their comfort zone and take risks.
- They refuse to let their mistakes define them. They view their mistakes as an opportunity to try again, to do something better. They have a strong capacity to not dwell on their mistakes. They’re able to let their mistakes go an get on with trying again.
- They reward themselves. They’re not all work and no play. They enjoy taking time out for things they enjoy, whether it’s a small treat or a get-away that renews their soul. They work hard when they work and often long hours but they also appreciate the importance of maintaining a sense of balance in their lives.
2 thoughts on “SEVEN QUALITIES OF PEOPLE WHO SUCCEED IN LIFE”
One more: they laugh and find humor in the little things each day.
Well said. That’s #8.