- There are five common barriers to achieving a goal; (1) a poorly defined goal; (2) laziness; (3) procrastination; (4) distractions; (5) impatience. The good news is that all of these can be overcome.
- A good leader is one who seeks to serve rather than be served.
- The greatest hunger problem in the world is the hunger for love.
- Wise is the person who knows the difference between wants and needs and lives accordingly.
- It’s ironic, but it’s in the face of death that we hav our greatest appreciation of life.
- If you have a good friendship, pray that it will grow old with you.
- Examine your footprints. Do they go where you would want others to follow?
- When you feel like you have succeeded at something, give humble thanks to those who, in some way, contributed to it.
- There is light and there is darkness. You get to choose which you want to be.
- You can never motivate others, you can only create an environment that will help them motivate themselves.
One thought on “MORE ROCKING CHAIR QUOTES AND BITS OF WISDOM”
Hi Dr. JoyFinder,
I have missed you! I hope to get by to see you very soon. These are all good pieces of advice. Essentially, it is the people in our lives and our interactions with them that make life rich. I would not trade anything for the moments I have with family and close friends.
You and Muriel are very dear to me, and I am so thankful for both of you.
I can’t wait for the winter break so I can catch up on your posts. I always enjoying viewing your art and reading your words. They inspire me and take me away to a simpler, calmer place. I’d like to escape right now into that sweet Christmas village of yours.
Talk to you soon.