- Over 38% of people are born without wisdom teeth. Scientists believe that in time few people will be born with wisdom teeth or appendixes, or little toes.
- The American Psychiatric Association’s DSM-V handbook classifies caffeine withdrawal as a mental disorder.
- If you open your eyes in a pitch black room, the color you’ll see is called “eigengrau.”
- The most shoplifted food item in the U.S. is candy. In Europe it’s cheese. In Latin America it’s meat
- In 2008 a lady knitted a scarf while running a marathon. The scarf was 5 feet 2 inches long.
- Individuals often juggle while running the NY City marathon. It’s called juggling.
- In the original stage version of “The Wizard of Oz,” Dorothy’s companion wasn’t Toto. It was a cow named Imogene. It was easier to fit a human into a cow costume than in a dog one.
- Sea otters hold “hands” when they sleep so they don’t drift apart.
- The best man’s original purpose was to serve as an accomplice in case the bride needed to be kidnapped from disapproving parents.
- “Hello” wasn’t a common greeting until the invention of the telephone. Thomas Edison convinced the printers of the first phone book to make it the sanctioned greeting. Alexander Graham Bell disagreed. He pushed for “Ahoy.”
3 thoughts on “10 FUN FACTS TO INCREASE YOUR WISDOM”
What fun facts; they certainly brought a smile to my face as I paused to ponder! Thanks for sharing. xx
Should no.6 be joggling?
Tom had to have his little toe amputated a few years back due to an infection and being diabetic. Prior to the surgery he thought “No big deal” ,but he later realized how important that little toe is to help with balance.
Sent from my iPhone