Over the years there have been many lists of “the seven deadly sins,” including one popular version by Ashley Cooper.
Below is another version, only there are ten on this list instead of seven. Each item on the list is POSITIVE in nature but, if used inappropriately,can destroy a relationship.
TEN “DEADLY SINS” THAT CAN DESTROY A RELATIONSHIP
- TRUTH — if it is used to hurt others.
- TOLERANCE — if it leads to apathy.
- LOYALTY — if it becomes blind obedience.
- LOVE — if it is given with conditions that have to be met.
- FAITH — if it becomes divisive.
- OPINION —if it is viewed as fact and demeans the opinions of others.
- SELF-CONFIDENCE — if it leads to false pride.
- BEAUTY — if it is used as a condition of acceptance.
- RELIGION — if it used to control and manipulate people.
- FREEDOM —if it is used to limit the freedoms of others.
2 thoughts on “TEN “DEADLY SINS” THAT CAN DESTROY A RELATIONSHIP”
Self-reflection can be a sticky pill to swallow at times, yet it can be a worthwhile remedy. Thank you for reminding me to be aware of the true intent of words and actions.
You’re welcome. The only effective self-reflection is honest self-reflection, and that is difficult.